Entrance porch with UPVC double glazed windows and door. Reception hall with timber staircase to the first floor and understairs storage cupboard. Lovely double aspect sitting room with a feature full height bay window and UPVC double glazed sliding door onto the patio and rear garden. Large family room benefiting from a double aspect and having a full height walk in bay window. Kitchen/dining room with a range of wall and base units with a timber effect worktop and a double drainer sink unit, breakfast bar, ample room for dining table, space for a cooker and tall fridge freezer, wall mounted glow worm gas fired boiler and a triple aspect. Utility room with space and plumbing for washing machine, ample for further appliances and doors to both the rear garden and the side of the property. Ground floor cloakroom with WC and hand basin. First floor landing with built in storage and a trap to the roof space. Four good sized first floor bedrooms, two with feature bay windows. Family bathroom fitted with a modern white suite comprising a panel bath, wash basin, WC, separate shower cubicle, two chrome ladder style heated towel rails, twin UPVC double glazed windows and wall mounted dimplex heater. The property sits on a lovely large and mature plot with the front garden laid mainly to lawn with brick edge pathways, a tarmac driveway and mature trees providing privacy. The rear garden is laid mainly to lawn which extends along the side of the property. There are mature apple trees and hedging and ample room for garden buildings. The tandem garage with extra high twin opening timber doors, inspection pit and a glazed door into the rear garden. A carport adjoins the side of the property and provides further covered parking.
A message from the owners:
Living at 11 York Avenue, New Milton
By Geoff and Christine Pitts
We do not want to leave York Avenue, it is wonderfully perfect, but not for two elderly people who need to downsize!
- During our 51 years here, we have been on first name terms with most York Avenue residents who have been: friendly, kind, caring and helpful but not interfering.
- York Avenue is a quiet tree lined avenue.
- Number 11 is almost equidistant between two local through roads which we do not hear. The nearby railway is in a cutting which suppresses any train noise.
- The garden is spacious but not too large; the rear garden has complete privacy in summer, provided by tall boundary shrubbery, oak and copper beach trees and six apple trees, giving shade when needed.
- Our children, when young, enjoyed running around the space, and so do our grandchildren now.
- About 5 minutes’ walk from the town centre wit shops that sell just above everything.
- The town had an assortment of medical services, a swimming pool, gym, library, community centre and memorial hall, and mainline railway station; all within a moderate level walk.
- Our children walked to good local schools up to the age of 16 and then took a ten minute train journey to Brockenhurst College for A levels. Now ‘A’ level teaching is available in New Milton and also a separate school for children needing specialist help.
A Focal point for Travel
- A 15 minute drive to clifftop walks or the New Forest. The train and frequent town centre Bournemouth bus service make Bournemouth quicker than driving.
- Geoff was a senior engineering lecturer commuting to teach and research at the University of Southampton. May Miltonians commute to London and towns on that line, as well as stations in the Bournemouth and Poole direction.
- When visiting our 25 New Zealand in laws a 15 minute wheeling our two suitcases to the station and the system took us to Heathrow, Hong Kong or Singapore and New Zealand.
A Sweet Home
- Warm and cosy: in Victorian times a retired Indian judge built a 218 feet high concrete block tower nearby Sway to show that unreinforced concrete block structures will withstand great heights. A thriving concrete block manufacturing industry started in the area. Ver 90% of 11 York Avenue is built of these thinner blocks which create double width cavities. By installing insulation all the roughcast external walls are double insulated.
- All but one room has double outlook windows partially facing south providing light and warmth.
- A large garage. We purchased a holidaying caravan and to house it and the towing car we had we had a larger garage built with an inspection pit with an entrance height of about 8 feet because of the opening fanlight.
11 York Avenue
New Milton 1.4 Miles
Sway 2.5 Miles
Give us your details and we’ll be in touch